Sunday, May 19, 2013

New Hair Cut! Before and Afters

    Every once in awhile I crave a change in my look, this usually ends up in a haircut or new outfit- this time it was a haircut. Not just any haircut mind you, one I've tried several times but never quite liked the results. I was reluctant to try this style of haircut again since every other time I'd gotten it I ended up absolutely regretting it, yet in spite of that I sat down in the barber's chair and explained what I was looking for and hoped and prayed it turned out at least halfway decent. I was amazed when I was allowed to look at the final work! Finally someone had given me exactly what I wanted and I was ecstatic!

    Rewind and I'll start at the beginning. It all started out with me polling friends on where they went to get their hair done. I was tired of trying chain stores and was hoping to find a great hairstylist. I received dozens of replies and recommendations and after a bit of thought, I decided to go see Darcy at Headlines in Sandpoint, ID and boy am I glad I did. She did a wonderful job. She let me explain what I was looking for, show her the reference picture I had, and she listened gave me her input and set to work. There really isn't much more to explain about it so I'll just let my pictures speak for themselves.

This is what I was looking for, I love the piecey, beachy look and this is exactly what I wanted.

 The before shot
 After my haircut. A pretty drastic change huh?
A bit of color, it's a lot closer to my natural color and I like that.

    My advice for going in to change your look, especially when it is such a difference, is to have a picture. Definitely beyond a doubt, have a picture. It might take a little bit of time to find just what you're looking for, but it is worth it. When you find your picture, study it a little bit and think about what you like the most about it, that way when you go to the salon you can better explain to your hairdresser exactly what you are looking for in a haircut. Showing them a picture is great but since it can be interpreted so many different ways, it's best to have a concise explanation. It can feel like you are being picky or bossy, but if you keep a friendly tone about you, it will be easier. The hairstylist will appreciate your thorough explanation because it decreases the chances that you won't be happy with your haircut.
    Leave room for error and correction. I got my haircut and colored before my anniversary and birthday, but not too close to them that if there was a mistake, or something I'd want to change, I could without worrying about possibly looking bad on those days. If you get an appointment too close to a special occasion or holiday there may not be an appointment available to fix it before hand.
    All in all never be afraid to try something different. If you own it, you'll look good no matter what anyone says. There are people that might not think it looks that great but it's what you think about it that matters, your confidence in yourself is what is important.

 Thanks for reading! XOXO, Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment