Thursday, November 14, 2013

Nail It November: Weekly Mani: Lilac Snow

    For this weeks Nail It November mani, I've decided to go with something simple and understated. The finished look is called: "Lilac Snow". I chose this design because where I am there's fresh snow on the mountains and the mountains themselves look a beautiful shade of purple. Lilac is more relevant to the icy tones of the oncoming winter, however, so I thought it fit perfectly!

    Here is the final product:




To achieve this look I used the following products:
410 I Lilac You by Rimmel London, 101 Snow Me White by Sinful Colors Proffesional and some white iridescent craft glitter.

 -Start with 1-2 coats lilac on each finger and thumb until desired coloring is achieved. I used 2.
 -Then, add a 3rd coat of the lilac on ring finger and quickly pour small amount of glitter over polish to coat well. I recommend putting a piece of paper down to catch the glitter that falls so you can pour it back into the tube afterwards.
 -Using your other index finger, gently dab glitter onto remaining fingers. Note: This should not smudge your polish as the previous applications should be a little more than soft set, although excessive force will cause mistakes.
 -After the purple has dried on your thumb, add a couple coats of the white in your preferred method to achieve a french mani, with lilac tips. I just brush from the base of the nail, up until I've got an amount of lilac showing that satisfies me. After this has also set up for a while, I pressed a little bit of the craft glitter onto the polish.
 -Lastly, add a top coat to all fingers except your ring finger. I haven't added a top coat at all and am fine but you'll want to add it at least on your other nails. If you desire to add something to ease your mind and make the glitter on your ring finger stay put, you can add a few drops onto the glitter. I feel that adding too much of a top coat on this finger takes away from the texture appeal of the amount of glitter.
There you have it! A fabulous look in no time at all.
   I hope you enjoyed this mani as much as I have and I can't wait to see more entries!
Don't forget; you can post links to your blog with your entry, or Tweet them to me! My Twitter handle is @ladydunn42410 You can also email me: aadunn42410@hotmail.com! Keep them coming! We'll pick a winner at the end of this month!
 Thanks for reading! XOXO, Ashley



3 comments:

  1. I love this look. Do you find that it's a bit heavy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, surprisingly it's not! That's what is great about it- you can make it as much or as little as you'd like when it comes to the amount of glitter ;) xx -Ashley

      Delete
  2. That's good! And they look so fun, and wearable for any occasion

    ReplyDelete