Sunday, August 18, 2013

Current Obsession & Summer Staples

    It's seems like summer just started yesterday and now it's already starting to get chillier here where I live. When I broke out my usual summer wardrobe I started thinking that since I've resumed working in retail: I should try to mix up my wardrobe more this summer. That's where working at a trendy boutique really comes in handy ;)
    I got my first pay check I did what any sensible, responsible beauty blogger would do and went shopping! I tried on dozens of flirty sun dresses and flow-y blouses and after a while settled on two dresses.

The 1st one is by Angie and is so much fun to wear! I love pairing it with with light brown gladiator sandals and a simple top knot since the print is so lively and upbeat.

 
                                                                                                                                                            














    This dress/tunic is by Love Stitch and I pair it with leggings and canvas shoes. Since it is more understated I love either curling/scrunching my hair and adding a blazer or a statement necklace.
  
    It's nice to spruce up your wardrobe every season, even if you only add a few new pieces to fit in with what you already have. Of some items I consider summer staples, gladiator sandals is a major must have. An easy piece that goes with virtually everything- from sun dresses to cut-offs and maxi dresses. Another summer staple and current obsession; a fitted blazer or jacket. This is one of my favourite articles to throw into my wardrobe because it can also go with anything! Talk about a multi tasking duo! I love to put blazers with my sun dresses if I'm going for a more professional look. Blazers are easy ways to dress up casual wear, or dress down more formal attire. My last two summer staples are belts and chunky necklaces. Never underestimate how easily your outfits will be pulled together by adding either a belt or chunky statement necklace- or both! I love trying to phase these different staples into my wardrobe in different ways. It's fun experimenting with new looks!
    What are your summer staples? Current obsessions? How would you implement these picks into your wardrobe? I'd love to hear your ideas! Until next time! Thanks for reading, XOXO Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment