Sunday, September 2, 2012

Summer Faves- Most Worn Edition!

Alas! Summer is coming to an end and in good cheer we bid adieu to warm days in the sun on the beach, shorts, crop tops, flip flops and the like. Here are some of my most worn summer faves. Lets start with the face/hair, naturally.
   Cosmetics from left to right; we have: EYESTUDIO by Maybelline NY- 20 Sapphire Siren. I liked this eye shadow set because you could really mix and match. The hues were perfect for hot summer days and sultry nights. Baby Lips by Maybelline NY- 05 Quenched- really loved this because it already has spf in it which is really important to keep your pout looking healthy and full. Santee Plus Nail Lacquer- I think the sticker with the color name fell off but it is a great color- champagne/bronze. Goes great with everything! Pink Leopard bronzing powder by Too Faced- always a fave when sporting a faux glow! Glazewear by Avon- Ice Pink- this is the gloss I did a review on a couple weeks ago- great shade! Glamour Gloss by Too Faced- Pillow Talk, Crackle Overcoat by Sally Hansen- Distressed Denim, Pink by Victoria's Secret- Fresh and Clean- the perfect scent for summer, there's really nothing better for me. Matte-Nifficent Oil Absorbing Powder by Mark.- Ivory Nude- this powder is amazing to have with you on those extra hot/humid days in addition to blotting sheets. Bio Oil- the best for accidental sunburns. Dream Fresh BB by Maybelline NY- Medium Sheer Tint this was just about the only thing I wore as far as an all over face product. It's got great coverage, and it's light weight. EyeStyle Shadow Box by Bonnebell- Cafe Classics, Perfect Eyebrow Pencil by Avon- Blonde, Great Lash mascara by Maybelline- Very Black, Shadow Insurance by Too Faced- Original, Secret Outlast- Completely Clean. No one wants to constantly re-apply deo or pack it with them and this is my new fave. Naturals Body lotion by Avon- Sugar Plum & Vanilla, Into The Wild by Bath and Body Works. Both are also great summer scents, especially if you feel like going with out perfume or forget all together.
  Hair accessories; a rhinestone barrette, bobby pins, and giant clippy. All based on what I was wearing at the time. Lately I've been noticing more kinks in my hair and so I've been trying more styles that are achieved with bobby pins or clips- as opposed to hair ties.
Fave style, a side part on the right and bangs swept and clipped/pinned up on the left with beachy waves. I also liked doing an inverted pony- easy do when you're going out and in a hurry!
  Fave bag/clutch; VS tote- This is my catch all, my big bag of tricks haha! I have just about everything in here. I throw a clutch in there with essentials for when I want to leave the tote behind. Not sure the brand of the clutch although I think I remember buying it at Payless a few years back.

  Now these are my fave pieces for summer; not most worn- shame on me I know- but I just didn't have a most worn outfit.
 For the majority of summer all anyone wants to wear are shorts and a tank which is good enough for me. 
My favorite tops were very loose and breezy feeling, light fabric. On the left is an oversized tee from Agenda- not sure if the beading is visible in the center, very pretty; on the right- an embellished top from Vanity- Love the back on this one!



The shorts I loved wearing the most this summer were a pair of cut-offs from Old Navy and a distressed pair from City Streets.


   Last but not least, the final look of summer. This was by far my favorite outfit! The bright blue color of the blouse is perfect for the last days of summer. I almost went with denim skinnies but this acid wash/tie dye pair was funner, and a little bit more of a risky choice- both of which I think add sexy factors. I like wearing colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel because they are complimentary, so I paired this outfit with red heels and pulled it together with the red belt. By the end of summer I was obsessed with these red heels from Fioni and didn't mind walking around in them a bit!
Hope you enjoyed my summer faves list as much as I did! xoxo -Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment