Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Winter Skin Rescue Round-up!

      Need moisture-stat! That winter weather can zap your whole body of moisture it needs to look amazing. As a follow up to my post Dry Skin, Lets Address This, here are my fave moisturizers from head to toe!


     Argan Oil and Aussie 3 Minute Miracle! Amazing amounts of moisture right here. We all know Argan Oil is a great multi-tasker being useful on hands, hair, and nails. Meanwhile, 3 Minute Miracle is great once a week treatment for your hair. (Bonus, it smells awesome!)


     My arsenal includes these great facial products by Missha, Maybelline, Proactiv, and Biore. The first two are great on the go when you need extra coverage. These BB creams go the extra mile and do more than double duty. They cover, camouflage, protect, AND moisturize! WOW, I know right, so blown away. Then you have this incredible Green Tea Moisturizer from Proactiv that not only hydrates your skin, it calms and reduces redness. Last but certainly not least, my go-to year round, Nourish Moisture Lotion by Biore. Can't go wrong with a classic. All these beauty products are amazing and there is something for every skin type and budget.


     In addition to face lotions, lips need some lovin' too so here are my top faves. The best lip balms; Baby Lips in Quenched by Maybelline, and a sweet mint balm by EOS. I love lip products as you can see, from gloss to stains to lip balms and everything else. In the winter time balms are so important because they are soothing and provide extra moisturizer and protection from the cold so in between swipes of lipstick and gloss, add lip balm. For gloss- gotta love Too Faced, this Glamour Gloss is fabulous and goes on so smoothly with the perfect amount of shine. I also love this lipstick from Covergirl- one of the most flexible, moisturizing lipsticks I've ever tried.


    Hands can get neglected in the winter time so make sure you're paying attention to your digits. Now there are so many hand lotions out there, and there should be, I just chose two but I'm sure you already have a few in your stash so here we go; Satin Hands from Mary Kay, as well as Hand Lotion from EOS. I love Satin Hands, this is great for extra dry hands on days when it's really cold. EOS is a recent discovery for me that I was turned on to by my beauty bonding buddy Aly from http://lifewithaly.blogspot.com/ Great friend and great writer, check her page out!


     Now when it comes to all over care for your body, I like an array of lotions. I've chosen five among favorites to show you, all on the thicker side, which is great for winter. Nivea Smooth Sensation, Jergens Ultra Healing, April Body Cream, Carol's Daughter Ecstasy (Shea Souffle) and Body Lotion by Bath and Body Works. All of these are going to be useful in fighting dry, dull skin. My current favorite and a recent acquisition thanks to Glossy Box, is the Ecstasy Shea Souffle by Carol's Daughter. This smells and feels amazing. Again, its thicker and this makes it a great moisturizer.

     Don't let the winter weather effect your skin. Take action by staying hydrated, watching the temp in the shower, and  making sure you're applying moisture when and where needed. Don't leave anything out like your lips and hands either. Having great, healthy, glowing skin isn't easy but it's not impossible and a handful of great moisturizers will help guard against dull, dry skin. That's all for now, stay gorgeous and see you next time! xoxo Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment